adrian_ritz1
Consultant

Re: Operating System Build number or Version

Jump to solution

Hi,

wmitrack.ini is a component of the Flexera agent that are installed on servers/workstation.

You can find them under the following path:

c:\program files (x86)\managesoft\tracker

This is the standard installation, if you installed the agent on other drive please go there. 

After you modify the ini file, you should run again the inventory for that server.

romanmensch
Active participant

Jump to solution

Thanks for this Information. I see the correct Value "Version" in the wmitrack.ini File. So it is there and I do not have to complete it.

And the NDI File ist correctly send to the Server with the Value "Version" in the File.

Do you know where i can find this in the Database FNMS Compliance?

<Hardware Class="Win32_OperatingSystem" Name="Microsoft Windows 10 Education|C:\WINDOWS|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition3" Evidence="WMI">
<Property Name="Version" Value="10.0.18362"/>

Thanks for Reply. Best Regards Roman

0 Kudos
ChrisG
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I don't think you will find this value in the FNMS compliance database, but you would find it in the inventory database. Here is a SQL query that can be run against the inventory database to get you started:

SELECT c.ComputerCN, Version = hv.Value
FROM dbo.Computer c
	JOIN dbo.HardwareObject AS ho ON ho.ComputerID = c.ComputerID
	JOIN dbo.HardwareClass AS hc ON hc.HardwareClassID = ho.HardwareClassID AND hc.Class = 'Win32_OperatingSystem'
	JOIN dbo.HardwareValue AS hv ON hv.HardwareObjectID = ho.HardwareObjectID
	JOIN dbo.HardwareProperty AS hp ON hp.HardwarePropertyID = hv.HardwarePropertyID AND hp.Property = 'Version'

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
romanmensch
Active participant

Jump to solution

Thank you so I receive the desired VIEW and can implement this in the Beacon / BA

That's great an thank you very much.

0 Kudos