cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only some users from Active Directory are being imported into FlexNet

Hi Dawn,
That`s great. I have this query , in of the client infra , when we integrate AD with FNMS, we are getting only X amount of users details. But when we checked on AD it`s X+Y, where y value 10 times more the value of X. What do you think the error would be?

Thanks in advance!!

BR,
VP

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

One possible explanation for only seeing some user records being obtained from Active Directory may be that the user account used to extract the data does not have rights to read all user objects in the domain.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hi Chris, When i exported the AD User list using command prompt. I am getting all the user list. Please let me know if anything we can do. Thanks , Vishnu Priyan

Check which user account is being used by the beacon to extract Active Directory data, and verify that account has similar rights to read user objects from Active Directory as what your account has.

You can see what user account (if any) is configured to do the extract in the beacon UI. If no account is configured, the beacon's computer account is likely to be the one that is used (unless you have beacon Windows services configured to use a different account).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hi Chris,

I have used another accounts , its the same issue. Any other troubleshooting steps.

Thanks,
VP

Hi,

Have you checked if your Active Directory inventories do get imported correctly?

I do currently have an issue where the imported does not work correctly and users ar enot longer imported. Please check if your "Incoming\ActiveDirectory" folder produces any BadLogs.

Best regards,

Markward

Vishnu,

Curious if you have looked at the logs for the import. See if the logs may point you in the direction needed. Perhaps it is rejected these records due to the settings that need to be adjusted (like user blacklist). 

Hope that helps!

-Larry