Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Only some users from Active Directory are being imported into FlexNet

Hi Dawn,
That`s great. I have this query , in of the client infra , when we integrate AD with FNMS, we are getting only X amount of users details. But when we checked on AD it`s X+Y, where y value 10 times more the value of X. What do you think the error would be?

Thanks in advance!!

BR,
VP

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: FNMS On-Prem full FNMS backend installation on Azure

One possible explanation for only seeing some user records being obtained from Active Directory may be that the user account used to extract the data does not have rights to read all user objects in the domain.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Hi Chris, When i exported the AD User list using command prompt. I am getting all the user list. Please let me know if anything we can do. Thanks , Vishnu Priyan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Check which user account is being used by the beacon to extract Active Directory data, and verify that account has similar rights to read user objects from Active Directory as what your account has.

You can see what user account (if any) is configured to do the extract in the beacon UI. If no account is configured, the beacon's computer account is likely to be the one that is used (unless you have beacon Windows services configured to use a different account).

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Hi Chris,

I have used another accounts , its the same issue. Any other troubleshooting steps.

Thanks,
VP
0 Kudos