For people who is interested in 'Manual Mapper' method but failed to find any relevant document from the current FNMS online help. You need to follow a KB article which contains the instructions of how to use 'Manual Mapper'
@Kevin_Houindeed, the document is very helpful 🙂 We created the Manual Mapper as described in the dokument. But still, we get a result in the Raw Software Usage screen, but no result in the all evidences screen. So we can't link the evidence to the application and have therefore no usage data.
Do you have an idea what is going wrong?
@marcel_lucke - the evidence you need to link to an application here is actually file evidence, corresponding to the .exe file that will be tracked by the usage. The application name you configure in the manual mapper is not used/relevant for the evidence.
(One other tip: When raising a separate question like you have here, it may help to start a new thread in the forum rather than adding to an existing thread. That will help your question to get more visibility.)
Here are some further suggestions to check:
1. Hope you can get DB access if On-Premise, dbo.ImportedInstalledFileEvidenceUsage_MT Join dbo.ImportedFileEvidence on (ComplianceConnectionID,ExternalID,ExternalFileID) with a sample machine , the result should at least give you some insights of whether the 'usage' is now imported into FNMS from IM or not
2. If #1 returns the expected File Evidence for usage tracking via manual mapper, Please double check this file evidence (FileName,FileVersion,Company,Description,size) those five columns are FileEvidence primary key value to see whether they could be 'matched' by a more 'powerful' ARL rule ...and try to make sure that rule is linked to the corresponding application title. For instance (raw usage winword.exe ; 184.108.40.206 ARL rule winword.exe ; 12.%)
3. if #1 not return any usage of this FE, then something is wrong on Manual mapper process (double check the usage agent.log )
4. If #2 an ARL rule is identified , but still no usage.... make sure the application's installation (Recognition) is happening first. Recognition is the prerequisite for usage detection on FNMS (UI). Make sure the sample device is expected in the 'application' Device tab list
5. In some corner cases...even we have a ARL rule of FileEvidence cover the usage file evidence, We may have to manually create an identical File Evidence (make sure 5 PK value are the same to your query result at step #1)...then link to the app as ("Not for recognition") as well as make sure #4 is met
if none of above solve the issue on your thread I think it's time to open a support case for further investigation. (or you are on a cloud solution etc so no DB access to verify whether Usage is imported from IM to FNMS etc).