cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Sharepoint Calculations

I have an issue with calculations for MS SharePoint. This is a server license and the expected output would be 1 calculated consumption per server. Instead, I am getting odd numbers like 2, 4, etc. Drilling down into the actual server install I do see various versions on the same server which shouldn't matter. I am wondering however, if the 2 different editions is forcing the calculation? Is the license calculating both editions as an install and if so, I don't get it because the license is set to include version upgrades/downgrades. I've tried allocating, and a few other license tweaks to no avail. At this point I am having to manually calculate for our SharePoint team to validate what they are actually using. Any idea how to bypass this without simply doing the manual calculation which defeats the purpose of having Flexnet do the work. Thanks, Shelby
(1) Solution
spierce
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran
Hi, When a Sharepoint License is setup in FNMS using the SKU and Product Use Rights Library (PURL) or using one of the available Use-Right templates (available for selection when creating a license without a SKU) the Use Rights and Rules will be setup so that multiple installations on the same device will consume multiple licenses. So in your case where you see multiple versions installed on the same server you would expect to see a consumption of more than 1. If you want the multiple versions you see on the same device to consume a single license you can amend this use right accordingly by going to the Use Rights and Rules tab and changing the 'Rights of Multiple Use'. However please note below the Microsoft Product use Rights for Server + CAL licenses: "Server Licenses (per Instance) Customer may use one Running Instance of server software in either a Physical OSE or Virtual OSE on a Licensed Server for each License it acquires." Where instance is defined as: "Instance means an image of software that is created by executing the software’s setup or install procedure or by duplicating an existing Instance." Regards, Stewart

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
spierce
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran
Hi, When a Sharepoint License is setup in FNMS using the SKU and Product Use Rights Library (PURL) or using one of the available Use-Right templates (available for selection when creating a license without a SKU) the Use Rights and Rules will be setup so that multiple installations on the same device will consume multiple licenses. So in your case where you see multiple versions installed on the same server you would expect to see a consumption of more than 1. If you want the multiple versions you see on the same device to consume a single license you can amend this use right accordingly by going to the Use Rights and Rules tab and changing the 'Rights of Multiple Use'. However please note below the Microsoft Product use Rights for Server + CAL licenses: "Server Licenses (per Instance) Customer may use one Running Instance of server software in either a Physical OSE or Virtual OSE on a Licensed Server for each License it acquires." Where instance is defined as: "Instance means an image of software that is created by executing the software’s setup or install procedure or by duplicating an existing Instance." Regards, Stewart