cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft License Statement (MLS) for specific country.

Hello Experts,

I have an issue on uploading the MLS file to create baseline purchases. In the pivot data tab, the  column has the Country of Usage value equal to United States and Canada, which made the processing got a duplicate error . Is it mandatory to have the Country of Usage  value equal to All countries? If so, how can we only creating the purchases just for US and Canada?

Error: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_IncomingBaseline'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.IncomingBaseline_MT'.

Thanks!

(1) Solution
Are you seeing any PO records created successfully? When using the MLS import, FNMS will import the values based on the "All Countries" numbers from the pivot data worksheet. It will not import granular amounts for the US or Canada. If this is what you are wanting to achieve, you might be best to use the standard PO template import. That way you can select the location and respective entitlement qty's.

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Hello HPNZNB

If you are on premise customer and have database access, you can see this PK Constraint "PK_IncomingBaseLIne" is formed as below:

CONSTRAINT [PK_IncomingBaseline] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
[Type] ASC,
[Date] ASC,
[ProductPool] ASC,
[ProductFamily] ASC,
[ProductVersion] ASC,
[TenantID] ASC
)

So double check whether your rows of data have any duplication group by those columns .

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
Hi Kevin, Some applications are both in US and Canada, so they have the product family name. Will FNMS regard them as duplicates?

How about I suggest you creating two MLS file, one with one line (US), one with two lines (US & canada) to have a try?   to prove us ....:) can't immediately tell whether it's the cause without seeing data or play with the data ...

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
Hi Kevin, Thanks! The dbo.incomingbaseline_MT table was empty, and I got the same error when I only uploading US purchases.
Are you seeing any PO records created successfully? When using the MLS import, FNMS will import the values based on the "All Countries" numbers from the pivot data worksheet. It will not import granular amounts for the US or Canada. If this is what you are wanting to achieve, you might be best to use the standard PO template import. That way you can select the location and respective entitlement qty's.