cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a document to link SolarWinds into FNMS

Is there a document to link SolarWinds into FNMS?, customer is asking, I dint find any in the official documentation.

(1) Solution

Hi @krystel_campos ,

what is the data your are trying to populate in FNMS by integrating Solar winds?  you may need to reach out to Flexera Support/professional services team if they does it via a custom integration and those documentation may not be available for Public view.  

regards,

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi @krystel_campos ,

what is the data your are trying to populate in FNMS by integrating Solar winds?  you may need to reach out to Flexera Support/professional services team if they does it via a custom integration and those documentation may not be available for Public view.  

regards,

Customer wants to capture networking equipment into inventory and SolarWinds is the management tool they have for it.

There is not an out-of-the-box integration in FlexNet Manager Suite with SolarWinds, but you could consider configuring a bespoke adapter to import data.

I worked with an organization some years ago to import data from SolarWinds into FlexNet Manager Suite. However the data they were importing was specific to their organization, so the specific details of the integration would not necessarily be much use for anybody else. One challenge that limited the effectiveness of this import process for them is that their SolarWinds system did not automatically gather serial number data for devices, and it was difficult to find a reliable set of properties that could be used as a unique unchanging identity for devices.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@krystel_campos 

It would be interesting to know the use cases behind your question, e.g. is it for hardware asset management purposes, is it for EoS/EoL or other type of information? (Flexera Data Platform / IT Visibility both support SolarWinds as a data source, therefore my question...)

Thanksm