cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory import fails after FNMS 2022 R2 upgrade

Recently, we experienced Inventory import fails after FNMS 2022 R2 upgrade. The errors showing up as below daily during inventory import. Anyone experienced this issue after FNMS 2022 R2 upgrade? I'm sure there is no error showing up in database migration log files when doing database upgrade.

Failed to execute Reader 'ImportUsers' from file C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\\Reader\managesoft\User.xml, at step line 1
Error: The given ColumnMapping does not match up with any column in the source or destination.

Thanks

(1) Solution

I found out the issue. There is User.xml file located on C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\CustomInventory\Reader\ManageSoft. I found that this User.xml is very old and not the same as the one on C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\Reader\ManageSoft. After removing the User.xml from C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\CustomInventory\Reader\ManageSoft and manually started up the task "Inventory import and license reconcile" and I don't see Inventory import failure any more. No idea of why we have the very old User.xml file on C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\CustomInventory\Reader\ManageSoft that would cause Import fails after FNMS 2022 R2 upgrade? I saw our PRO FNMS (still in FNMS 2020 R2) has the very old User.xml file on C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\CustomInventory\Reader\ManageSoft, but no Inventory import failure. Still don't understand why? Hope someone can give me explanation. Thanks

View solution in original post

(13) Replies

is this happening on production or in Dev env as well.

@Woo_Lam  Did you face any error while upgrading DB?

No error in upgrading DB

Happening in DEV environment

is there any custom rule applied for user import from AD.

I don't think we have custom rule for user import from AD. I saw AD import showing up as  "Reconcile Active Directory data completed" daily

Upon further investigation, we found a user.xml file in the following directory.

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\CustomInventory\Reader\ManageSoft

The main difference is this user.xml file is missing the field for email address which was added in 2022 R2. 

Can this additional user.xml file be safely removed?

This exists in dev and prod. 

This custom user file does not exist in a fresh install.

If you remove the user.xml file from "CustomInventory", the original user.xml file should take over.

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

As this error seems to appear in the ManageSoft Reader, can you please check if your inventory database (e.g. FNMSInventory) got migrated properly?

USE FNMSInventory

SELECT *
FROM DatabaseConfiguration
WHERE Property = 'SchemaVersion'

I got this output when running your query on FNMSInventoryDV

Property Value Created LastUpdate
SchemaVersion 19.0 2018-08-20 14:46:52.240 2023-02-09 10:56:01.390

I found error from this log file located on C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\ComplianceReader in FNMS processing server.

I found out the issue. There is User.xml file located on C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\CustomInventory\Reader\ManageSoft. I found that this User.xml is very old and not the same as the one on C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\Reader\ManageSoft. After removing the User.xml from C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\CustomInventory\Reader\ManageSoft and manually started up the task "Inventory import and license reconcile" and I don't see Inventory import failure any more. No idea of why we have the very old User.xml file on C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\CustomInventory\Reader\ManageSoft that would cause Import fails after FNMS 2022 R2 upgrade? I saw our PRO FNMS (still in FNMS 2020 R2) has the very old User.xml file on C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\CustomInventory\Reader\ManageSoft, but no Inventory import failure. Still don't understand why? Hope someone can give me explanation. Thanks

I just compared the User.xml file in FNMS 2020 R2 with the User.xml file in FNMS 2022 R2. The User.xml files are different. The FNMS 2022 R2 User.xml has one more field (Email nvarchar(200) COLLATE database_default) added. That's why we always got Inventory Import failure.