cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I simultaneously update /modify the asset properties

Hello,
Seeking for your expertise, I have a thousand devices need to update/modify. Today I doing it one by one. Search the asset, change the following details in End of life (retirement date, disposal date, retirement reason,) after that change the ownership tab (assigned) so on.

Please help me I'm a beginner here (1week). How can I simultaneously update /modify the details of the following assigned user, status, retirement date, disposal date, retirement reason etc.

and how to export all data of asset properties per asset.Thanks

(2) Solutions
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hi @Flexjake Welcome to the world of Flexera! There are a couple things you could do here. Within the WebUI you could bulk select assets of the same type i.e. laptops and then you can update some (not all) properties in bulk.

I think to better accomplish what you are looking to do is to leverage a business adapter to make changes to your assets on the backend. You can work with your system administrator to have them build an adapter that could be fed by a csv/xlsx or some other method and update the assets in that fashion.

For more information on business adapters you can refer to Using FlexNet Business Adapters 

Thanks!

- Dan

View solution in original post

Hi @Flexjake,

I do not personally have any videos, but check out the Flexera Learning Center that has a labs video from a previous training on Business Adapters.

Intro to Business Adapters 

That should give you a good jumping off point. I would also search through the community as there are a handful of posts with best practices and samples.

Creating business adapters can be daunting at first, but once you create a couple they get easier!

- Dan

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hi @Flexjake Welcome to the world of Flexera! There are a couple things you could do here. Within the WebUI you could bulk select assets of the same type i.e. laptops and then you can update some (not all) properties in bulk.

I think to better accomplish what you are looking to do is to leverage a business adapter to make changes to your assets on the backend. You can work with your system administrator to have them build an adapter that could be fed by a csv/xlsx or some other method and update the assets in that fashion.

For more information on business adapters you can refer to Using FlexNet Business Adapters 

Thanks!

- Dan

Hello Dan,
Thanks for the reply, May I ask if you have a sample videos how the business adapter works? Yes I read the flexnet business adapter, but I just want to refrain the mistake. If you have a videos it helps me a lot like do's and don't, step by step how to import.
Thanks

Hi @Flexjake,

I do not personally have any videos, but check out the Flexera Learning Center that has a labs video from a previous training on Business Adapters.

Intro to Business Adapters 

That should give you a good jumping off point. I would also search through the community as there are a handful of posts with best practices and samples.

Creating business adapters can be daunting at first, but once you create a couple they get easier!

- Dan

You're welcome!