cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory gent is running during couple of days but didn't stop yet.

Hi all,

I have problem in running Inventory Agent ndtrack with standalone execution on Linux and Solaris.

I don't know the reason why the agent is still running without no more log writing in some specific step.

Is there any common reason why agent is running without stop?

Regards,

gotqcorp.

(5) Replies

Hi There,
Good to check the log under /var/tmp/flexera/log to check the step it is running, if possible please do share the logs along with command that was used to execute.

If it is running there must be a log at the default location mentioned above.

Thanks

Aamer

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

One of my customers had an issue on CentOS where the agents did not stop running a while ago. The workaround was to disable platform specific packages. Maybe it's worth a try.

PlatformSpecificPackages=false

Best regards,

Markward

Thank you so much for replying.
Can I let me know what this option is meaning for?

I'll try it but I want to know about what it means because I need to use this option set by false for all of servers.

Regards,
Gotqcorp.
rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

An agent should not run for this amount of time. Bench mark as per documentation is as follows:

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R1/EN/GatherFNInv/index.html#SysRef/FlexNetInventoryAgent/topics/CoDep-SystemReqs.html

Please review the specific OS requirements and ensure that you're running at the correct level account - without there can be aberrant behavior.

Documentation will also provide info on how to increase logging levels so you can see what is happening. If this doesn't help, please raise a ticket and we'll get it taken care of?

thanks.

R.Miller
Hi Flexera,
The agent is running but not proceed further at some point of Oracle LMS query. You can find out the point in the log file. And the LMS query while running.

Regards,
gotqcorp