cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid inventory settings file found, recognition rules and scripts will not be executed.

Dear,

I'm  trying to install agent 17.0.1 to detect oracle database but there was an error regarding "[2022�� 1�� 11�� ȭ���� ���� 07�� 08�� 51� (G, 0)] {16512} Skipping Oracle database inventory. Failed to find inventory settings with the Oracle inventory rules.
[2022�� 1�� 11�� ȭ���� ���� 07�� 08�� 51� (G, 0)] {16512} Invalid inventory settings file found, recognition rules and scripts will not be executed."

I copied same InventorySettings.xml file to proper directory path but it shows error.

What possible mistake do you think?

Regards,

Smith

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You would not normally need to explicitly copy the InventorySettings.xml file yourself - it is normally downloaded and automatically installed by the agent when policy is applied. If that hasn't happened and you manually copied a file somewhere then I expect you will need to manually configure a value for the InventorySettingsPath agent preference in the registry (as I don't think this preference otherwise gets a default value if it hasn't been set through policy).

You could also try manually running ndtrack to gather inventory and explicitly specify the path to where you've manually put the settings file:

ndtrack -t machine -o InventorySettingsPath=<path to InventorySettings.xml>

For more information about this, see: Downloading and Testing InventorySettings.xml

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)