cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing an newer version of the Application

Hello,

When installing the newer version of an application, we have noticed FNMS is reporting installation for both products/versions of the application.

Is this to be expected - the older and newer version of the application is installed on the deice.

What is recommended or practices we should be following, if any, when upgrading a device to newer version of application..

Many thanks in advance,

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

There's not a single answer to cover all possible situations here, but here are a couple of scenarios to consider:

• If the installation process of the newer version of the application has not removed the evidence that is used to recognize the older version, then the older version will continue to be recognized. Check what evidence is being used to recognize the installation of older version - look at the Evidence tab when viewing an inventory device record.

• If you have FlexNet Manager Suite configured to import data from multiple inventory sources and one source has old data from the computer that hasn't been refreshed, then that old data will continue to be reflected by FlexNet Manager Suite until/unless something is done to clear it up. The Discovery & Inventory > Inventory > Inventory Device Matching page can give insight into whether data has been imported from multiple sources for a computer that you're interested in.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

There's not a single answer to cover all possible situations here, but here are a couple of scenarios to consider:

• If the installation process of the newer version of the application has not removed the evidence that is used to recognize the older version, then the older version will continue to be recognized. Check what evidence is being used to recognize the installation of older version - look at the Evidence tab when viewing an inventory device record.

• If you have FlexNet Manager Suite configured to import data from multiple inventory sources and one source has old data from the computer that hasn't been refreshed, then that old data will continue to be reflected by FlexNet Manager Suite until/unless something is done to clear it up. The Discovery & Inventory > Inventory > Inventory Device Matching page can give insight into whether data has been imported from multiple sources for a computer that you're interested in.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Thank you for the reply.