cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error using service account like user@domain.com

I'm trying to install Flexera application using a service account DOMAIN\user_acct on Microsoft Azure
But Azure SQL (PaaS) doesn't allow connections using DOMAIN\user_account rather user_accout@domain.com
Any suggestions to install the applccation using Azure-SQL compatible way (user_accout@domain.com)

Error Message:"Windows logins are not supported in this version of SQL Server"

(3) Replies

@sreeramyenuga:

Azure SQL is not supported by FlexNet Manager, due to the fact that the SQL Server CLR Assemblies are required, and CLR is not allowed by Azure SQL.

While FlexNet Manager can be installed within Azure, it requires you to provide your own instance of SQL Server.

To elaborate and clarify @kclausen's comment a little: the FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R1 On-premises release is supported running on Amazon RDS for SQL Server with SQL Server 2016 SP1 & SP2. However Amazon RDS with newer versions of SQL Server don't support CLR, so those versions will not work as noted.

Connections made by FlexNet Manager Suite to SQL Server use Windows Authentication. So when running with RDS you will need to consider Using Windows Authentication with an Amazon RDS for SQL Server DB Instance.

See the following thread for some more discussion: FNMS installed on Amazon RDS MS-SQL engine

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@kclausen pointed out to me that the question here is about Azure SQL Database, while my previous comment in reply was about Amazon RDS - so somewhat off topic for the question that has been raised. Apologies for any confusion!

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)