cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Run of Configuration Powershell fails with errors

I created the Databases on a separate server, but installed the remaining components on a single Windows Server 2016 server.  Setup.exe ran sucessfully, and I moved onto running the following after an initial install:

.\Config.ps1 "Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml"

After entering in credentials, and the urls, it runs for a while, and then crashes with the following message.

extract file C:\Flexara-software\Software\FlexNet 2020 R1\FlexNet Manager Suite Installer 2020 R1\FlexNet Manager Suite\BP\Upgrade\15.0.0\Rev1.0\Upgrade for ManageSoft for HP-UX Managed Devices\Upgrade for ManageSoft for HP-UX Managed Devices_metapkg.ndc.cab...
ExecuteCustomScripts : System.Management.Automation.MethodInvocationException: Exception calling "ExtractAll" with "2"
argument(s): "Could not find a part of the path." ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of
the path.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(String baseDir, Stream outstream, String password)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile._InternalExtractAll(String path, Boolean overrideExtractExistingProperty)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Object , ExtractExistingFileAction )
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception
exception)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.LightLambda.RunVoid1[T0](T0 arg0)
at System.Management.Automation.PSScriptCmdlet.RunClause(Action`1 clause, Object dollarUnderbar, Object
inputToProcess)
at System.Management.Automation.PSScriptCmdlet.DoEndProcessing()
at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessorBase.Complete()
At C:\Flexara-software\Software\FlexNet 2020 R1\FlexNet Manager Suite Installer 2020 R1\FlexNet Manager
Suite\Support\ConfigHelper.ps1:1146 char:11
+ $ret = ExecuteCustomScripts $configMode $serverStep
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,ExecuteCustomScripts

(1) Solution

Hi,

In addition to shortening the install path for example by moving the FlexNet Manager Suite  subdir contained in the FNMS installer source to the partition root dir, e.g. D:\FlexNet Manager Suite I would also recommend removing the extracted Adoption and Upgrade folders in the FlexNet Manager Suite /BP subfolder and any lock files created during the configuration run.

The above workaround worked for us.

View solution in original post

(9) Replies

@captkras  - THis is because of the long path name generated by the Installation Media after it is uncompressed.  There are some other ZIP files in the media that cannot be uncompressed by the PowerShell because there are too many characters in the full path name.

I would rename the start of your installation media path and run the PowerShell Script again.

Change the path from "C:\Flexara-software\Software\FlexNet 2020 R1\FlexNet Manager Suite Installer 2020 R1\FlexNet Manager Suite\"

to  "C:\Flex\SW\FNMS\FNMS\FNMS\"

Thanks, let me try that.

Hi, Did it worked for you, I am also facing a similar issue.
with the similar error.

my post link - https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Error-while-upgrading-from-2018-R1-to-2019-R2-Execute-Custom/m-p/153042#M7510

Let me know if you have some inputs and if it worked for you?

I shortented the path a lot, but same error @sushant_narula 

Hi,

In addition to shortening the install path for example by moving the FlexNet Manager Suite  subdir contained in the FNMS installer source to the partition root dir, e.g. D:\FlexNet Manager Suite I would also recommend removing the extracted Adoption and Upgrade folders in the FlexNet Manager Suite /BP subfolder and any lock files created during the configuration run.

The above workaround worked for us.

@chuan_ha 

@captkras @ChrisG it worked perfectly fine.
1. the path to the installer is too long for Windows (Windows has a 260 char path limit). Path is shortened, it worked.
2. deleted the LockFile file there and re-run the config script D:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Warehouse\Staging\

Thanks,
Sushant

Changed the dir to C:|FNMS and got same error (with shorter path)

@kclausenSee above.  no dice with shorter path.