cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure as a Code

Hey Guys,

As Infrastructure as a code become more and more prevalent i wanted to understand if FNMS has the capabilities around introspecting in AWS CloudFormation, Red Hat Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack and HashiCorp Terraform etc. 

Can we provide an accurate license consumption view and stay in compliance with our software contracts as we shift to this type of provisioning approach. 

Any suggestion and guidance is appreciated!

-Harman 

(1) Solution

Hi harmandevansh, 
FNMS does not have any out of the box capabilities with Infrastructure as a Code.
You should still able to get inventory from these machines through traditional inventory sources, such as Installed Inventory agents or Discovery & Inventory rules but there is nothing out of the box with FNMS to scan these machines differently than other machines. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi harmandevansh, 
FNMS does not have any out of the box capabilities with Infrastructure as a Code.
You should still able to get inventory from these machines through traditional inventory sources, such as Installed Inventory agents or Discovery & Inventory rules but there is nothing out of the box with FNMS to scan these machines differently than other machines. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks Jeremy, does Flexera has Puppet, Chef or Ansible on their roadmap for integration with FNMS?

Doing a quick search, I did not see anything related to adding support for those tools. 

I would suggest using the new Ideas portal to submit these as a possible enhancement to FNMS. You can find more about using the Ideas portal in the knowledge base articles below. 

Using Flexera Ideas:
https://community.flexera.com/t5/Using-Flexera-Ideas/tkb-p/Using-Flexera-Ideas