cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Assigned user or location into inventory device via spreadsheet

Hi,

We want to import some fields that are linked with other objects such as Assigned, Location, Corporate Unit,... into Inventory Devices from Spreadsheet. But we cannot find them in the templates of inventory.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

(1) Solution

Yes, you're on the right path there: the "Computer" object in a business adapter is the same type of record that is generally called an "Inventory device" in other parts of the system.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

You will want to use a custom business adapter to map this information to your inventory devices. The image below shows what an example might look like. This is dependent on you having the Location and Corporate unit data in an accessible format like a database or spreadsheet where you can import the data from. Once you are able to retrieve the data you can map it to an inventory device.

For more information on creating custom business adapters please refer to Using FlexNet Business Adapters .

SampleAdapter.PNG

Thanks,

Dan

Hello @dbeckner ,

Which data model should we use? Is it the Computer Object?

We used to use Business Importer to import the Asset. But for Inventory Devices, we're not sure which template it is.

Thanks,

Thu

Yes, you're on the right path there: the "Computer" object in a business adapter is the same type of record that is generally called an "Inventory device" in other parts of the system.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)