cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk updating computer's location information on All Inventory page

Hi,

Interested to know how can we bulk update the computer location information that is visible in All Inventory page?

Please note that we have an excel file that contains the server list with the location information which we need to update in FNMS.

Thanks,

Naz

(1) Solution
(6) Replies

Hi @FarrukhNaz , 
You can explore the Business adapter Guide for updating the Location information  for devices.

Hi @mfranz thanks for the help but I am still struggling, actually when I try to upload/link the .csv in Business Adapter Studio I get following error "The list property could not be loaded". Note its my very first attempt with the BA.

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Naz,

New Business Adapters usually have the encryption option set. If you disable it, at least that error should be fixed.

2023-08-21_08h06_42.png

Best regards,

Markward

Hi @mfranz Thanks for your support.

Disabling the encryption option worked like a charm. Thanks

Now I'm facing another issue with the Property value mapping with the source .CSV data.

The problem is on the BAS the "Computer" object has a property "Location ID " and in the database the Location ID look like this "1.3." and when I load the Data (.CSV) the BAS eliminates Location ID last "." (dot) and it appears as "1.3" which on the next step can't be mapped with the Property because the format is mismatched.

01 csv data.JPG

And when I try to map it with the property no value appears refer to below screenshot, despite of modifying the source cell and file formats noting worked.

02 Location ID blank value.JPG

Appreciate your help and thank you.

Cheers!

Naz

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Naz,

You need to add the Location as an object (1).

2023-08-22_14h51_33.png

Make sure to put it above the user object using the blue arrow in the menu bar (2). The location is normally then identified by its Name attribute. You can either provide the complete path or just the name of the actual object. That difference is made by the All levels provided option (3).

2023-08-22_15h00_28.png

If it's enabled, the import is looking for the complete path. The Name parameter has a split value provided, you'll need to either make your data use that split value (default "/"), our change the split parameter to match your data. If you're using just the location name without the complete path, you can remove the split value.

2023-08-22_15h03_39.png

The location also has an Object ID (4). After the location is added to your import, you can chose that ID in the Location ID field on your computer object. Sometimes you have to save and re-load an import for theses ID's to show up.

Best regards,

Markward