cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying the right product updat

I have a service called at " FLexnet activation service" version 2.60. Marked as sold by Macrovision, does flexnet manager can replace this?

Any one have any idea if this is how the product are related. and upgraded to this?

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe the "FlexNet Activation Service" is related to the FlexNet Publisher product. The forum for FlexNet Publisher can be found here: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Forum/bd-p/FlexNet_Publisher

FlexNet Publisher is typically used by other software publishers, and included in a "license server" component that they provide. Unless you are a software publisher, it is likely that you have got this service from some other publisher and be using it in conjunction with their software.

FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications can be used to track usage of software and manage license servers from these publishers. It complements, but does not replace the FlexNet Publisher product.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)