cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM PVU Peak Consumption - Workaround to reset in FNMS 2020 R1 On-prem

Hi all,

We're running FNMS 2020 R1 and using Flex (in lieu of ILMT) for Sub-capacity reporting.

One of the changes from 2019 R1 was the removal of manually resetting the Peak consumed value. I understand the reasoning behind this and also the new set reporting periods.

However, I was wondering if there was any workaround to reset the peak (Yes, I'm aware it's likely frowned upon by IBM). Now the reason behind this is because we've made some license configuration changes around InfoSphere to try and align actual environment with license terms, re-configuring primary products, placing exemptions, etc. All of this work has caused the peak to "artificially spike" before I could put in place exemptions and change Application License consumption priorities and what not. 

So now it seems I've unintentionally locked-in the peak value for the Q4 reporting period until its reset in the next reporting period in January.

Is there any way around this? or am I relegated to just documenting my changes for audit tracking purposes?

Cheers

Will

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Depending on the nature of the changes you have done, you may find that the peak consumption of your PVU licenses has actually already been updated: the peak consumption is recalculated each time the license reconciliation process runs based on current license settings applied to historical inventory data held in the system.

With that said, I can imagine there may still be some situations where the current license settings applied to historical data still don't quite give you the insight you're looking for. I can't think of any way to directly manually override/reset the peak PVU consumption that is calculated, but you can use the "IBM PVU License Consumption" report to calculate a peak consumption over a time period of your choice:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)