cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove VCenter's during the 30 minute IBM PVU scans when the VCenter is no longer available

Hello Everyone,  I find myself in a position where a little bit of knowledge is dangerous. I have identified that a few of our VCenters have been decommissioned which is triggering errors when the task of "Virtual Cluster Server Scans for IBM PVU" runs. This is understandable since either the VCenters have no Hosts assigned to them or they have been decommissioned.

I have gone ahead and removed the VCenters from our Discovery and Rules Tab, however, they are still being included in the 30 minute scans. I read something about "hidden" rules, perhaps they need to be removed from somewhere else. 

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions on how to get these VCenters removed from the 30 minute IBM scans.

Thanks in Advance

Bruce

(1) Solution

Hi Bruce,

Virtual cluster server scan for IBM PVU uses known discovered devices (downloaded from FNMS server), even you delete if rules runs before update discovered devices, will use that vCenter device again and report it back.

I would suggest you to disable Virtual cluster server scan for IBM PVU (for short time) and delete the those vCenter server from All discovered device.

Make sure beacon downloaded the latest policy and known discovered devices (those should not have deleted discovered device/s). you can check it under default location C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\DiscoveryExport by looking at the time stamp.

Now enable Virtual cluster server scan for IBM PVU scan again.

Hope this will help.

Aamer

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
Hello There, not sure if this is the recommended way of doing this but perhaps its as simple as just deleting the Device out of the Discovered Devices Tab.

As mentioned before, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thx
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Virtual cluster server scan for IBM PVU uses known discovered devices (downloaded from FNMS server), even you delete if rules runs before update discovered devices, will use that vCenter device again and report it back.

I would suggest you to disable Virtual cluster server scan for IBM PVU (for short time) and delete the those vCenter server from All discovered device.

Make sure beacon downloaded the latest policy and known discovered devices (those should not have deleted discovered device/s). you can check it under default location C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\DiscoveryExport by looking at the time stamp.

Now enable Virtual cluster server scan for IBM PVU scan again.

Hope this will help.

Aamer

Hi Aamer, thanks so much for your response and guidance. I for one really appreciate it and I am sure it will benefit the others as well.

Thx Again
Bruce