cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we add custom (or new) currency in FNMS

Dears,

Can we add custom currency in FNMS if it is not listed in default currency list?

If possible , what is the recommended method for the same, like

• Creating entry via Database
  • Running some script 
  • Modification via other methods including with in Web UI

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

(1) Solution

Hi Juanid,

as you did ask how to add a custom currency in FNMS if it is not listed in default currency list: If you work in an on-prem FNMS environment and have access to the database, you can add the additional currency as a new row to the [FNMCompliance].[Currency] table.

Make sure not to mess with the existing [North Korean Won] currency though.

Personally, I have always been amazed that North Korea has been selected for the 43 currencies supported by FNMS - of the more than 250 currencies that exist world wide according to Wikipedia.

Kim Jong-un must have a special interest in software licensing 😁.

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
A tip from the Online help "If your desired currency is not available in the pull-down list of options, please contact your Flexera Support engineer to request that it be added to the list."

To clarify the two earlier responses here, as they achieve slightly different things:

@tschaus's response covers what you can do if you need to add a currency that doesn't appear in the dropdown list shown when you click the "Add a currency" button shown in @mfranz's screenshot.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Juanid,

as you did ask how to add a custom currency in FNMS if it is not listed in default currency list: If you work in an on-prem FNMS environment and have access to the database, you can add the additional currency as a new row to the [FNMCompliance].[Currency] table.

Make sure not to mess with the existing [North Korean Won] currency though.

Personally, I have always been amazed that North Korea has been selected for the 43 currencies supported by FNMS - of the more than 250 currencies that exist world wide according to Wikipedia.

Kim Jong-un must have a special interest in software licensing 😁.

Hi Guys 

@erwinlindemann @ChrisG @mfranz @tschaus 

Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestion .

As @erwinlindemann  suggested, i went with creating a DB entry for the custom currency .

i did it carefully without affecting the other currency especially the one you highlighted 😉 

Cheers 

Regards,

Junaid