Flexera User Status | Implementation

Hello Dear Community,

I have a question - In Flexera the user statuses are :

1 - Active
2 - Inactive
3 - Retired
4 - On Leave
5 - Pending

I have the Remedy User Importer that is a business adapter that is currently bringing in 1 and 2. 

But in Remedy the team don't focus on the 3,4 & 5 statuses . My question is how do I go about implementing this with the current integration with Remedy?

Little confused, any help would be much appreciated!

I have attached the remedy adapter query as well

Thank you

Abhilash M

(7) Replies

When I look at your CASE statement for the Remedy User status, all of the following Remedy status values are mapped to the FlexNet status of "Inactive".  Can any of the Remedy value be mapped to one of the other status values in FlexNet?

case
when p.Profile_Status ='1' then 'Active'
when p.Profile_Status in ('0','2','3','4','5') then 'Inactive'
end
as Status

Hi Kirk/Nico,

Remedy doesn't use the other status fields which are existing in Flexera.

I have two questions related -

1) When a user is made inactive in the system through the adapter - will the license allocated to the user be deallocated automatically or is that a manual action?

2) When a user is on vacation for let's say 6 months and the license allocated to the respective user - How do you recommend the user status to be treated as ? On Leave ? If incase it is left as active - will this impact license consumption for that user during that 6months.

Thank you

Abhilash M

@Cloaky:  I tested this in an FNMS 2019 R1 instance.  I have a Named User license.  I changed the status of one of the allocated users to "Inactive" and I changed the status of another allocated user to "On Leave" and then performed a Reconciliation.  The results are:

1) The users remain allocated to the license.  Therefore, it is a separate process to unallocate the users.

2) The "Inactive" user now has Consumption of 0

3) The "On Leave" user is still consuming against the license.  If you have an employee "on leave" for several months, and do not think they should be consuming a software license, my recommendation would be to set an Exemption on the license so that there is no consumption.  You would need to remember to remove the allocation once they come back to work.

Kirk

@kclausen  Thank you Kirk, I would like to ask -could you recommend any process of unallocating the reosurce from the license once inactive, any form of automation suggestions on this?

Also the exemption - is this a manual or automation intervention? If automation - any idea how this can be implemented?

Thank you

Abhilash M

@Cloaky  - there is no "easy" button here.  Tracking employees who go "on leave" and then updating the status of their Inventory Devices would be a manual process.

In terms of users getting changed to a status of "Inactive", you should be able to create a Custom Report in FNMS where you can find "Inactive" users who are still "Allocated" to a license.  With this report, you could go into the license and un-allocate them.

@kclausen  Thanks so much! I appreciate all the help provided to me on this question!

HI Abi, you recently had a similar question. - What are you trying to achieve?

If you can map 1 and 2 and the source system does not use 3-5, then move ahead with 1 and 2 only.  

If HR actually use better statuses than remedy, then consider changing data source.