cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft 365 Connector question splitting consumption

(3) Replies

I setup the O365 connector and the data is flowing in correctly. I see that the inventory has created the appropriate license. The question I have, has anyone ever split the consumption across two different licenses? We have one tenant and managing 2 companies. For my example is I have 100 power BI Pro licenses but 40 goes to company A and 60 goes to company B. Just looking for a easier way to manage the breakdown.

You can try this suggestion:

1) Make sure that your Users are assigned to the correct Business Unit (Company A and Company B)

2) On the Consumption tab of your O365 license, include the Corporate Unit as a column

3) Group the Consumption view on the Corporate Unit.  You will see the number of users within each Corporate Unit, and then if you expand a Corporate Unit you will see all of the users within that company.

Note that each time you go into the license, you would need to regroup the view on Corporate Unit to see the counts.

Kirk

Hi @rkboston415 

No the data can not be split form O365 - the idea of the connector is that it shows you what is configured in 365 . 

So if you had 2 different licenses for the 2 businesses then it would allocate accordingly