cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet inventory agent for IBM AS400

Hello,

Can FlexNet inventory agent be installed on IBM AS400 server?

Thanks

(5) Replies

The list of Operating systems supported by the FlexNet inventory agent is in the Release notes for each version for FNMS. Looking at the release notes for FNMS 2019 R1 (the latest version at the time of this post), IBM i, the OS that runs on the IBM AS400, is not on the list of supported OSes. 

You can find a full list of supported OSes in the release notes, linked below

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/fnms2019r1/onpremises/FlexNet%20Manager%20Suite%20System%20Requirements%202019%20R1.pdf

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Hi @Flex-Jeremy 

I understand the difficulties to get the full agent converted to work on iSeries. However converting the ndtrack.sh to be able to run on iSeries Posix session could be easier to resolve since it's basically "linux".

We could work together with you if you do not have your own iSeries to test on.
One obstacle in the script today is probably you have a case clauses to check OS, and lack the "OS400"

Can you please reach out to Flexera support and provide details of OS architecture use case details. That will help us to priorities.
Thanks
Aamer

MyCFAVisit wrote:
Can you please reach out to Flexera support and provide details of OS architecture use case details. That will help us to priorities.
Thanks
Aamer

However converting the ndtrack.sh to be able to run on iSeries Posix session could be easier to resolve since it's basically "linux".

We could work together with you if you do not have your own iSeries to test on.

I have created a ticket