cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet License

Hi,
I have a doubt about FlexNet License, my version is 2021 On Prem.

I need to license Ignored Devices? Or or only Active Devices?

Im asking because I have 100,000 licenses. 100,000 Active devices and 20,000 Ignored…

So, should I buy more 20,000 licenses to be compliance? Or not?
(1) Solution

@diegocarvejani - Only "Active" devices are counted towards your FlexNet Manager license.

When you go to the Active Inventory view, this is what is counted.

The FlexNet Manager Suite License page, available from the Administrator drop-down menu provides a summary of your current License Key (how many devices are in the license, and how many active devices are currently being managed against the license key)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

@diegocarvejani - Only "Active" devices are counted towards your FlexNet Manager license.

When you go to the Active Inventory view, this is what is counted.

The FlexNet Manager Suite License page, available from the Administrator drop-down menu provides a summary of your current License Key (how many devices are in the license, and how many active devices are currently being managed against the license key)

Hi, Very quick question - do mobile devices count towards the license ?

If you have imported inventory data about a device then it is liable to count towards the license - whether you consider the device is "mobile" or otherwise does not affect that.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@Smitty986 - If you have imported information about a mobile device as an Inventory Device, then it counts towards the Flexera license.  If you have imported information about a mobile device as a Hardware Asset, that does not count towards the license.

A simple rule is anything that appears on the Active Inventory View counts towards the license.

Thanks for the updates - we are going to import data for IOS/Android devices (iPhone/iPad etc ) from InTune using an inventory adapter (semi official)

I haven't used this adapter before so not sure how it will report