cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File evidence required for IBM Sub Cap reporting?

I know several configuration requirements in order for IBM to accept FNMS as alternative to ILMT but am not sure if enabling file evidence is one.

Thanks

Craig

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Whether you need to gather file evidence for managing sub-capacity licenses will ultimately be determined by whether the applications you have deployed under that license model are recognized in the ARL using file evidence, or recognized using some other sort of evidence (likely installer evidence). Most applications in the ARL are recognized based installer evidence, but there are exceptions.

Of course, there is a potential chicken-and-egg problem here: unless you have the evidence, you may not know what software you have deployed, and so you may not know what type of evidence you need to gather. As such, gathering file evidence as part of your inventory is the safer/more conservative approach.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)