Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS package housekeeping

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

I am currently preparing a customer migration and noticed aroung 6 GB of packages in

• C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Warehouse\Staging\Common\Packages\Flexera
  • C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Warehouse\Repository\Packages\Flexera

The agent is not in use and even if it was, I wouldn't need adoption an upgrade packages back to version 11.4. I would like to go and remove the packages from the FNMSCompliance database (table "AvailablePackage") and from the file system.

Is there anything else to consider or a best practice approach to this?

Best regards,

Markward

(1) Solution

Hi Markward,

I think you can take this oppertunity to clean those packages from all the servers, presentation, inventory and beacons. This will give you lots more space.

I would suggest to set IsDeprecated = 1 in AvailablePackage table/view for versions you are not interested in the database and remove them from the file system from all the servers.

In addition to removing from staging and repository used by beacon to download from FNMS Server, you can also remove those package version from presentation server (WebUI), located under 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\Content\Packages

and staging location on the beacon servers 

Just to be on safe side depending on the FNMS version you are you can check if any package version is set to use for upgrade by checking through the WebUI for version FNMS 2019 R1 and later OR by running the query on the database or using the command line tool (system configuration) for earlier versions.

UseInAgentPolicy = 1 mean package is set to use for upgrade.

HTH

Aamer

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi Markward,

I think you can take this oppertunity to clean those packages from all the servers, presentation, inventory and beacons. This will give you lots more space.

I would suggest to set IsDeprecated = 1 in AvailablePackage table/view for versions you are not interested in the database and remove them from the file system from all the servers.

In addition to removing from staging and repository used by beacon to download from FNMS Server, you can also remove those package version from presentation server (WebUI), located under 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\Content\Packages

and staging location on the beacon servers 

Just to be on safe side depending on the FNMS version you are you can check if any package version is set to use for upgrade by checking through the WebUI for version FNMS 2019 R1 and later OR by running the query on the database or using the command line tool (system configuration) for earlier versions.

UseInAgentPolicy = 1 mean package is set to use for upgrade.

HTH

Aamer

Hi Aamer,

Thanks for your feedback, I  had not thought about the WebUI contents.

I don't have a standalone Beacon at hand for testing, so maybe you can give me an idea: Will "IsDeprecated" = 1 make standalone Beacons remove the packages (I guess not)?

For others to take that route (maybe worth a KB post?):

Preparation

• Check the „Inventory agent for automatic deployment” section from the “Inventory Settings” view
  • Update settings to avoid it being set to a version to be removed
    • Either use the WebUI “Inventory Settings” view
    • Or the command line tool “ConfigureSystem.exe”

Update Database

• Update the “AvailablePackage_MT” table to make sure FNMS does not miss removed files
    • Either set them to “IsDeprecated” = 1 (recommended)
    • Or remove the entries completely

Remove Files

Move them to another folder and test, before removing them finally.

• WebUI: C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\Content\Packages\
  • AppServer: C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Warehouse\Staging\Common\Packages\Flexera\
  • Beacons: ?

Best regards,

Markward

Hi Aamer,

A thing we have been discussing internally and you may be able to confirm: Beacon Servers will not automatically remove packages that habe been disabled/removed from the application server?

Best regards,

Markward