cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS WEB GUI not working post upgrade from 2020r1 to r2

Below is the error 

Server Error in '/Suite' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Server Error in '/Suite' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It is likely that some tweak will need to be made to a web.config file on the web application server as part of your upgrade steps to get past this.

As suggested by the error message, try logging on to the web application server itself and browse to http://localhost/Suite/ - I expect you will get a more specific error message by doing that which will help to point in the right direction to get this resolved.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Team. 

Post update in web.config. Issue got resolve.

That's great to hear! Are you able to share any further details of what you needed to tweak in case it helps others in the future?
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

We are using customized web.config due to security requirement. After upgrade, Seems, i have not used the correct one. So i have taken from backup & reconfigure IIS.