cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will customize tabs and adapter work after upgrade to 2024 R1

Hi All,

We are able to update FNMS 2024 R1 (DEV) in our environment. Everything is looking good. Now we are planning to do the same in PROD also. I have few questions?

1. Will all the old adapters work with FNMS 2024 R1. (In dev we did not see any impact as of now).

2. Will all the integration and added tabs (customized fields) work. (In dev we can see all the customized fields).

I know if they are working in DEV it should work in PROD also. However, I don't want to take any risk. If anyone saw any issues after upgrade. Please let us know. 

Note : - we saw only one issue in dev that is web.config file not got updated. We did not see any logs of that too..

Regards,

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Simple business adapters and custom property configurations will commonly continue to work OK across a FlexNet Manager Suite upgrade.

With that said, it is possible that custom configurations like this might depend on something that has been changed with an upgrade. For example, if you had anything in place that had a tight coupling with the database schema then it may be impacted, as the database schema can change from release to release. However more complex custom configurations of this nature are less common.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Simple business adapters and custom property configurations will commonly continue to work OK across a FlexNet Manager Suite upgrade.

With that said, it is possible that custom configurations like this might depend on something that has been changed with an upgrade. For example, if you had anything in place that had a tight coupling with the database schema then it may be impacted, as the database schema can change from release to release. However more complex custom configurations of this nature are less common.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)