cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Agent - db2licm command for IBM DB2

By Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any plans to enhance the FNMS agent so that it can run the db2licm command? I know IATrack can do it, but if I remember correctly at one point there were plans to implement this capability within the standard agent.

Thanks,

Peter

(1) Solution

Hi Peter,

You are correct, there is enhancement request "IOJ-1769686: Request to add capabilities to the agent to use the DB2LICM command to detect features in use on DB2 systems" to add this capability however it's not a high priority item at the moment due to little demand for it.

There are 3 options here that could increase the priority:

1. More customers request this through support cases
  2. When our new Ideation feature is released next year you can vote on it through community
  3. Wait for extensible inventory framework to be developed and create a custom script.

Currently, this single item is not on the short or medium term roadmaps.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Hi Peter,

You are correct, there is enhancement request "IOJ-1769686: Request to add capabilities to the agent to use the DB2LICM command to detect features in use on DB2 systems" to add this capability however it's not a high priority item at the moment due to little demand for it.

There are 3 options here that could increase the priority:

1. More customers request this through support cases
  2. When our new Ideation feature is released next year you can vote on it through community
  3. Wait for extensible inventory framework to be developed and create a custom script.

Currently, this single item is not on the short or medium term roadmaps.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.