Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PDF with different font possible

oqueck
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

we're in the middle to implement FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 R2 and want to know, it for example an export of all our inventory data to PDF would also be possible with using a different font like Arial or New Times Roman and if so where this can be configured and not to use the default one a shown in attached screenshot.

Thanks & best regards

Roman & Oliver

(1) Solution

As another possible option, you could export the view/report as an RTF, then make the modifications to the font (size, style, etc). Once you are happy with the layout then print or save the document as a PDF. 

While not as fast as exporting the PDF, you would have a lot more customization over the font used. 

*Edited after a quick test, This worked for a view that I tested (All Applications), The only thing to note is that some of the text fields may need to be resized if a font or font size that is too big is chosen. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
I don't think there is a way to modify this setting within the software outside of modifying the source code but there may be some alternate methods to get the same result.

you could, of course, modify this after the fact with a pdf writer but another method could be to replace the font file with the desired font file keeping the naming consistent.

its abit of a hack but I could see it working in theory, I will have to check to see what current font its using though and it may possibly break formatting massively
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-collins-7aa71a3b
I think it may be the following-

"tahoma", "verdana", "calibri", "arial", "sans-serif"

I will try some botching to see if I can trick it into using something different
I think the botch for this is more dangerous than I first thought.
tahoma (and the rest of the font types listed above I observed while searching in the source code) is a protected system font which involves a large process of getting access to this font in windows and forcefully removing it- https://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Protected-System-Fonts-in-Windows-7

after that you need to make sure all the software on your machine does not use Tahoma, the ones you cant modify will probably crash due to the fact a standard windows font is no longer available

once you get all that working you could, in theory, replace all the font files and folders mentioned in the guide with a different font named "tahoma" and the pdf would generate with what it thinks is Tahoma but in fact something different.

applications may still break due to the fact formatting will be all different once you do this anyway.

it seems abit much to change the font on a report, it's going to be a much easier just changing it after the fact with a pdf writer so I would suggest this instead

That aside, it seems like it would be good as an enhancement for the product to be able to select fonts for the pdf generation 🙂

As another possible option, you could export the view/report as an RTF, then make the modifications to the font (size, style, etc). Once you are happy with the layout then print or save the document as a PDF. 

While not as fast as exporting the PDF, you would have a lot more customization over the font used. 

*Edited after a quick test, This worked for a view that I tested (All Applications), The only thing to note is that some of the text fields may need to be resized if a font or font size that is too big is chosen. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".