cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while upgrading from 2018 R1 to 2019 R2 - Execute Custom Scripts error

Hi All

We are in middle of Flexera 2018 R1 upgrade to 2019 R2.  we saw the error while running the ".\Config.ps1 "Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml" updateconfig"

error during update config.PNG

We completed the schemas upgrade, upgraded the application but when we are trying to configure the application, we stuck at this error at the very end of the update config.

Can someone suggest what could be the error here.

Thanks,
Sushant

(1) Solution

As explored further in the following thread, this is likely to be related to the length of the path that the FlexNet Manager Suite install files have been placed under: Initial Run of Configuration Powershell fails with errors

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Seeing this with 2020 R1 on a fresh Install.

@captkras  - May be a product issue, or may be something else.
I am waiting for some more inputs. Never faced this in past even with longer path it worked.

As explored further in the following thread, this is likely to be related to the length of the path that the FlexNet Manager Suite install files have been placed under: Initial Run of Configuration Powershell fails with errors

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Agree with @ChrisG , please try to move the install folder in a path that is shorter, like d:\temp or something like this. I encountered the same issue because the path was too long.

We eventually got our original install to work.  shorter path. 

@captkras @ChrisG it worked perfectly fine.
1. the path to the installer is too long for Windows (Windows has a 260 char path limit). Path is shortened, it worked.
2. deleted the LockFile file there and re-run the config script D:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Warehouse\Staging\

Thanks,
Sushant