cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication caused by SCCM client

Hello Everyone,

Here's the full situation:

We have devices with both Flexera and SCCM agents installed. In few cases SCCM agent is not importing all the details (for example it's lacking serial number, or there is a mismatch between Mac address coming from flexera and sccm). As per my understanding this is stopping the devices from being merged and in effect creates a duplication in All Inventory.

We've attempted to reinstall both agents to ensure they work properly, but it didn't help.

Has anyone else experienced same problem? Maybe there is a workaround?

Kind regards,

Jan

(1) Solution

@JanPie wrote:

Then there are rules for 'incomplete' and 'unmatched' and it looks like they should be able to match the device in question. The requirement is only for ComputerName and ComplianceDomainID to match which is True in this case, still this doesn't happen.

Is there any possible reason a duplicated device wouldn't fall into this category of 'incomplete' or 'unmatched' ObjectTypes?

Hi @JanPie 

Only standalone Oracle database inventory that is lacking hardware details is categorized as 'incomplete' and 'unmatched' only applies if ComplianceDomainID is null for one of the records which I expect is not the case here.

The serial number issue in SCCM ultimately needs to be resolved so rule 16 can be successfully applied.

16. Matcher for computers using the serial number and computer name

• UntrustedSerialNo is false

• SerialNo is set

• ComputerName is set

Records have identical values for each of:

• SerialNo

• ComputerName

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
rlowery
By Level 4 Flexeran
Level 4 Flexeran
Hi Jan,

The Mac address is not used by FlexNet for merging, it must be something else that is not matching like serial number as you mentioned.

What type of device is it? If it is a Windows based device, the serial number will be used for matching. If SCCM is not capturing the serial number, I suggest working to solve that issue.

You could also look at the ImportedComputer_MT table for other differences.

SELECT * FROM ImportedComputer_MT WHERE ComputerName = 'name of compiuter'

Hi Rlowery
So inspired by your comment I read a Common: Identifying Related Inventory of Gathering FlexNet Inventory document. Indeed mac addresses are not used in the matcher procedures.

So because devices we are talking about here are missing serial numbers, nor are VMs - all rules 1-17 are not applicable.

Then there are rules for 'incomplete' and 'unmatched' and it looks like they should be able to match the device in question. The requirement is only for ComputerName and ComplianceDomainID to match which is True in this case, still this doesn't happen.

Is there any possible reason a duplicated device wouldn't fall into this category of 'incomplete' or 'unmatched' ObjectTypes?

@JanPie wrote:

Hi @JanPie 

Only standalone Oracle database inventory that is lacking hardware details is categorized as 'incomplete' and 'unmatched' only applies if ComplianceDomainID is null for one of the records which I expect is not the case here.

The serial number issue in SCCM ultimately needs to be resolved so rule 16 can be successfully applied.

16. Matcher for computers using the serial number and computer name

• UntrustedSerialNo is false

• SerialNo is set

• ComputerName is set

Records have identical values for each of:

• SerialNo

• ComputerName

Hi Rlowery,
Thanks for explanation, I've cleared up a lot of misunderstandings thanks to that thread.
In this case, we will focus on fixing the issue of SCCM clients.