cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device license not consuming despite permanent allocation

I have a device-based license. The application isn't discoverable. Therefore I am manually adding the devices to the Consumption tab.

Within the Use Rights and Rules, I have "Allocations consume license entitlements" activated.

After a full reconcile, the license showed all devices allocated, but zero consumed.

I then set the devices to "Permanent" allocation type. After another full reconcile, the license showed all devices allocated, but zero consumed.

Any ideas?

(1) Solution

It's definitely Device type.

Cloud customer, 2020 R1.1

Yes, RightFax Cloud Connect SaaS, locally created to link to license, as the product is web based, ergo not discoverable.

Rights on virtual machines and hosts is currently (and has always been) set to "No special virtualization rights"

Device role exemptions on this license ARE set, Production role devices are not counted as this is our Test environment license. All 6 allocated devices are both Active and Test role on the inventory device record, 110% confirmed and re-confirmed as of this message.

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

What status do these devices have? Are they possibly set to "ignored"?

Can you check the "Show assessment details" in the consumption tab?

2020-09-18_09h24_24.png

Best regards,

Markward

Hi MFranz

Good thought initially, but all of the devices are fully active and in fact have never been set to ignored in their history.

A few screenshots.

Thanks for your help

@jq3i4h9u -

Can you verify that the license metric for this is "Device".

What version of FlexNet Manager do you have?

For the Product List I see on the Use Rights tab, it shows that for RightFax, the version to upgrade to is "Cloud Connect SaaS".  Is this a Local ARL entry, as I do not see this in the current ARL.

On the Use Rights for this license, do you have any rules set for Virtual Machines/Hosts or for Exemptions based on Device Roles?

It's definitely Device type.

Cloud customer, 2020 R1.1

Yes, RightFax Cloud Connect SaaS, locally created to link to license, as the product is web based, ergo not discoverable.

Rights on virtual machines and hosts is currently (and has always been) set to "No special virtualization rights"

Device role exemptions on this license ARE set, Production role devices are not counted as this is our Test environment license. All 6 allocated devices are both Active and Test role on the inventory device record, 110% confirmed and re-confirmed as of this message.

Is there actually an answer here?