cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Report with list of evidence

Hello,

Is there a way to run a report for devices, and instead of listing applications on the devices, list the evidence?
(1) Solution

For reference, here are some ideas that are related to this topic that people can vote on:

Here are also some other similar threads with various related discussion:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi there,

The quickest route to get to this information for a specific device is the Evidence tab on Device object. From there you can browse the evidence on that machine, or are you looking for something different?

Cheers,
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

Thank you for your response.  We are looking more from the Reporting module options.  Currently we have the option to run Application installation report, device installation report, or creating a custom report.  We are trying to find a way to run a report for devices, and instead of listing applications on the devices, list the evidence.  We are aware of locating evidence for one specific device but is there a way to run a report with a list of devices also including evidence? 

tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Ah okay. I'm afraid a report like this is not configurable through the UI. Basically you have two options:

1. get to the Evidence from the Device object
  2. get to the devices from the Evidence record

If you are asking fro FlexNet Manager Suite (on prem), then there might be the option to collect the data directly from the database via an SQL query.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

This is something that is needed. Submit an idea and I'll vote for it and get others to vote for it also.

For example, since the Flexera Content Team combined all of the Java Oracle versions into one (8.0.211 and 8.0.245, etc. are now all contained in the application Oracle Java Platform 8 Standard). But our admin teams for the systems want to know which specific version is installed. To be able to run any report with evidence would be fantastic.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

For reference, here are some ideas that are related to this topic that people can vote on:

Here are also some other similar threads with various related discussion:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)