cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktops Appear in Non-Device Assets Bucket

Hi - I have noticed that a group of recently-purchased desktops with In Storage status appear in the Non-Device Assets bucket within Flexera menuing.  I don't understand why these are here, instead of in the Device Assets bucket.  The Asset Type is "Desktop".  They have been assigned category Hardware/Computer/Desktop.  I don't see any detail that would cause Flexera to assume they are "those types of assets that cannot be included in the automatic inventory workflow, for example, desks, chairs, monitors, printers, routers, switches, and telephones."

Is Flexera putting them into this bucket because "In Storage" implies they have never yet been deployed and so have no current nor previous inventory?

Thanks,

David

NTT DATA Services

(1) Solution

@dmathias - The asset type of "Desktop" is not a default value that ships with FNMS.  My guess is that this value was created via a Business Adapter or was a custom value injected into the AssetType database table with direct SQL. 

The standard asset types that FNMS uses to classify an asset as a "Device" asset are:

Laptop
Workstation
Server
Mobile Device

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@dmathias - The asset type of "Desktop" is not a default value that ships with FNMS.  My guess is that this value was created via a Business Adapter or was a custom value injected into the AssetType database table with direct SQL. 

The standard asset types that FNMS uses to classify an asset as a "Device" asset are:

Laptop
Workstation
Server
Mobile Device

OK - I'll have our tools team look at how that custom asset type was built.  Thanks.

Yes, I think that's it.  I see now there are some Macintosh devices that are in that Non-Device report that similarly seem to have been placed into their own asset type.  I will have them moved where they belong now as well.  Best, David