cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption still zero for installed applications for a particular license

Hey Dear Community,

I have a particular license that has a certain count , but the consumption shows as 0.

But there are applications that are linked to this license in the application tab.

Please advise on bringing the consumption back to right value as per application count

Thank you

Abhilash M

(3) Replies

Based on the screen shot, you have created the license with a metric of "Node Locked".  This is similar to a Named User license, but for computers.  It means that the license is only valid for specific named computers.  For this metric to have consumption, you must Allocate the specific named computers to this license.

If you want the license to consume only based on Installed Applications, I would recommend that you modify the license metric to "Device".

Kirk

Thank you Kirk,

I will request our licensing team to perform that change to device based, if not allocate the named devices to this license.

Also curious to learn if the following snapshot - status attribute(unmanaged) will this impact the consumption attribute?

Thank you

Abhilash M

The "Unmanaged" status is a completed separate topic and I suggest you go into On-Line Help for additional details.

You have the option to change the "Status" of an Installed Application to a status of "Authorized" or "Unauthorized".  This allows you to run reports to see what applications are installed in your environment that are not allowed and take action to remove them.

By default, the status of an Installed Application is set to "Unmanaged" until you start to manage it by indicating if it is authorized or not.