cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring BMC Remedy Bundles

My client has entitlements for BMC Remedy ITSM and other components. ITSM contains several components which can be installed separately, this would make it a bundle from what I understand (not a suite). The PURL does not treat any of the components as a bundle. FNM is picking up all the components and treating them as their own installation.

Are there any best practices when creating bundles for BMC Remedy ITSM? What have others done with the ITSM product?

Thank you,

Steve

(1) Solution

When your Software License is created for the BMC "Bundle", go to the Applications tab of the license and manually add all of the BMC Products that are part of this bundle.  Make sure that you also go the Use Rights tab of this license and set the appropriate Upgrade/Downgrade rights for each product.

You have now created a Product Bundle license and when multiple products within the bundle are installed on the same server they will all be consumed against your single license.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

When your Software License is created for the BMC "Bundle", go to the Applications tab of the license and manually add all of the BMC Products that are part of this bundle.  Make sure that you also go the Use Rights tab of this license and set the appropriate Upgrade/Downgrade rights for each product.

You have now created a Product Bundle license and when multiple products within the bundle are installed on the same server they will all be consumed against your single license.

Thank you Kirk,

Since the BMC applications are not bundled by default, it is up to us to create the bundles in FNM. I did find a PDF that matches components with the ITSM primary application (and other bundles).  Per your instructions above, that will be the process to create the bundles. We are also detecting file evidence of BMC installations, I'm thinking that, if we do not need those for recognition, we can set them to ignore so they are removed from Unmanaged applications. 

Thanks, Steve