cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common error on discovery logs

When performing discovery and inventory on Unix servers, I often face the problem "The server's host key is not cached in the registry." I'm attaching here also the screenshot.

Sometimes it goes away with no actions, sometimes it remains forever. Do any of you have clues on of to solve this type of error definitely?

Thanks

(2) Replies

 

Cattura.PNG

The "The server's host key is not cached in the registry" message is a normal part of output, and doesn't indicate anything abnormal. What you may be concerned about though is the connection being closed. See the following thread for some other discussion on this topic and a troubleshooting suggstion: Server's host key not cached on target servers

With that said, if connection failures are occurring intermittently for you, that suggests something transient is going on in environment affecting SSH connections. I'm wildly guessing here, but maybe there is some time/duration limit SSH connections that has been configured on your servers.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)