cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot killing task by BatchProcessTaskConsole

All import task on System Tasks are pending, so I try to find if any tasks were stuck or hanging and kill them but got error when execute BatchProcessTaskConsole:

"""

Sending control message to scheduler requesting failure of task 2a621b82-489f-4253-b498-5e22a6529584

================================================================================
An error has occurred: Cannot write to queue; the current user may not have sufficient permissions, or the host address may be incorrect. Queue address: FormatName:DIRECT=OS:app21.domain.local\private$\fnmsExpress
Flexera.MessageQueue.MessageQueueInitializationException: Cannot write to queue; the current user may not have sufficient permissions, or the host address may be incorrect. Queue address: FormatName:DIRECT=OS:app21.domain.local\private$\fnmsExpress
at Flexera.MessageQueue.Microsoft.MicrosoftQueueBase`1.OpenQueue(QueueAccessMode mode)
at Flexera.MessageQueue.Microsoft.MicrosoftQueueBase`1.Open(QueueAccessMode openMode)
at Flexera.MessageQueue.Microsoft.MicrosoftQueueBase`1.GetQueue()
at Flexera.MessageQueue.Microsoft.MicrosoftQueuePublisher`1.WriteMessage(T messageBody)
at Flexera.BatchProcessTask.FailTask.RunFailTaskWriter.ProcessTaskCommand(ProgramOptions options)
at CommandLine.Parser.ParseArgumentsStrict(String[] args, Object options, Action`2 onVerbCommand, Action onFail)
at Flexera.BatchProcessing.BatchProcessTask.Program.Main(String[] args)

"""

How can I fix it.

Thank you.

(4) Replies

@aaaaaa 

Did you run the kill command under the context of the user that was used during the FNMS installation? 

Actions on the message queue can only be performed if you are using the user that was used during its installation.

@alexander_frit I've tried both administrator of this server and the account using installation, but still same error.

Did you check BatchProcessor.log and BatchProcessScheduler.log for any details?
Did you already restart the BatchProcessor services?
Was there a change in the Batch Processor server name?

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

@aaaaaa @alexander_frit is referring to the portion of the install where the message queue permissions are set. Though it is true that using the account that installed should  have permissions to write to the queue it is possible something changed since then.

Check out the following thread where myself and @erwinlindemann provide some recommendations for investigating and resolving MSMQ permissions issues.

Reconcile, tasks submitted in queue hanging 

Hope this helps.