cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconcile, tasks submitted in queue hanging

On our test environment, the reconcile does not work properly it says 

Last reconcile of all publishers Occurred: 2020-12-09 02:01:01

Last inventory: 2020-12-09 02:01:08

Then I go to the FNMS server, open a PowerShell session to see tasks in the queue. There is 41. Do the command to cancel them (.\batchprocesstaskconsole fail-task -m {GUID-of-task}) but it does not cancel them, they still are in the listing of Queued and Submitted. Any idea what else can I do to remove them ?

(1) Solution

Thank you for all those suggestions for help. But this test environment was split on 2 domains originally,  then put all on the same domain. I reran the installation program with the recreation of the DB and then I upgraded everything to FNMS 2021 but the the old service account was still infiltrated in many place. So I deleted tables and FNMS and will do a reinstallation. I should not hear about that problem anymore in the futur.   

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

The first step would be to verify that you have full permissions to the message queue with the account you are executing the command as.

This can be done by going to Computer Management > Services and Applications > Message Queuing > Private Queues.

You should see 5 fnms... queues. You can verify if your account has permissions on these queues by right-clicking and selecting properties and then checking the security tab for what groups or users have permissions.

If your account does not have permissions to send messages to the queue then you will not be able to fail those tasks.

Outside of that you should check the compliance reader logs to verify why your tasks are getting hung or stalled.

JJacildo
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi, you can find more logging information from the following BatchProcessor, BatchProcessScheduler, and BatchProcessTask logs as well found at:

%ProgramData%\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\BatchProcessScheduler
%ProgramData%\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\BatchProcessTask

You also would want to check the value in your Compliance database for:
SELECT * FROM ComplianceSetting WHERE SettingName = 'BatchSchedulerHostName'

Currently MSMQ limits the hostname of the batch server to 15 characters (excluding the domain qualifier).

For single server implementation (Application/Batch/Inventory server) - The hostname should work by itself

For multi-server implementation (Separate Application, Batch, and Inventory Server) - The hostname should still be less than 15 characters but you also need the domain qualifier e.g. myhostname.mydomain.org

I hope that helps

To get rid of all existing of all pending tasks in the batch processing queue very quickly, you can delete them from the [BatchProcessExecution] table in the database.

As suggested by @dbeckner, I would recommend checking that the queues are configured correctly on your FNMS Batch Processing Server. To fix any issues, with the processing queues, you can re-run the FNMS PowerShell configuration scripts.

After submitting a new reconciliation job - for example by triggering the 'Inventory import and license reconcile' task from Windows Task Scheduler manually - you should see that:

• A new task is created in the processing queue, and 
  • A new LOG file is created in the ''\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\ComplianceReader' folder.

Thank you for all those suggestions for help. But this test environment was split on 2 domains originally,  then put all on the same domain. I reran the installation program with the recreation of the DB and then I upgraded everything to FNMS 2021 but the the old service account was still infiltrated in many place. So I deleted tables and FNMS and will do a reinstallation. I should not hear about that problem anymore in the futur.