cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not Upload Purchase Data

Hi all,

I would like to use feature Data Input to upload Purchase order.  When I upload the data I get an error. 

"Access to the server path "~/ App _ Data / Upload Temp /" is denied. The reason might be due to lack of permissions to write files in this (or parent) folder." 

What I need to do ? 

Thank you and best regards,

An

(2) Solutions

@NguyenBaoAn - You may need to look at the Windows Event Log on your FNMS Batch Processing Server and/or your FNMS Application Server.

When you upload the spreadsheet, the file is uploaded into an \AppData folder on your batch process server.  The Application Server then launches a process to import the uploaded file.  Your error indicates a permission issue such as:

1) Your FNMS Service Account does not have access to write files into that \AppData folder on the batch process server.  Make sure that your FNMS Service Account is a full Local Admin on all of your FNMS servers

2) Your Application Server is not able to access the \AppData folder on your Batch Process server via a network share,  The name of this folder will be similar to:

ProgramData\Flexera Software\Flexnet Manager platform\DataImport\ 

View solution in original post

I'm not sure what's going on here, but I wonder if the reference to "~\App_Data\UploadTemp" in the error message indicates that something is messed up in the configuration resulting in the C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Flexnet Manager Platform\DataImport\  directory not being used to store uploaded data.

Could you check the value of the HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\CurrentVersion\DataImportDirectory registry entry? Does it specify the DataImport directory noted above?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

@NguyenBaoAn - You may need to look at the Windows Event Log on your FNMS Batch Processing Server and/or your FNMS Application Server.

When you upload the spreadsheet, the file is uploaded into an \AppData folder on your batch process server.  The Application Server then launches a process to import the uploaded file.  Your error indicates a permission issue such as:

1) Your FNMS Service Account does not have access to write files into that \AppData folder on the batch process server.  Make sure that your FNMS Service Account is a full Local Admin on all of your FNMS servers

2) Your Application Server is not able to access the \AppData folder on your Batch Process server via a network share,  The name of this folder will be similar to:

ProgramData\Flexera Software\Flexnet Manager platform\DataImport\ 

@ kclausen - Thank your reply 

1) I make sure  that my FNMS Service Account is a full Local Admin on all of my FNMS servers

2) The name of this folder is similar to: ProgramData\Flexera Software\Flexnet Manager platform\DataImport\ 

I show my folder and  Windows Event Log  in attachment 

I'm not sure what's going on here, but I wonder if the reference to "~\App_Data\UploadTemp" in the error message indicates that something is messed up in the configuration resulting in the C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Flexnet Manager Platform\DataImport\  directory not being used to store uploaded data.

Could you check the value of the HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\CurrentVersion\DataImportDirectory registry entry? Does it specify the DataImport directory noted above?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

It is my Registry Editor 

@NguyenBaoAn - Do you see any files in that folder - C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Flexnet Manager Platform\DataImport ???