cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation of local operators

Hello everyone,

I am really struggling with setting up the right role authorisations for our local IT responsibles. Since we have local puchases, but the licences are not directly assigned (it is not recommended and the compliance calculation would be incorrect, etc.) a local operator, which is only authorised for a specific region can see the local purchase but NOT the corresponding licences. So if a local operator wants to create a compliance report, there will be no available licences. 

Only someone with global authorisation can see the correct compliance indication including licences and how many where purchased for which location but you can also see all the licences (and their purchases) worldwide and that is not what we want for the local operators.

How can we manage to let them see their purchased licences without assigning licences to a fixed location? Any ideas or recommendations?

Thank you!

(1) Solution

Hello,

I hope I understand your questions correctly. I believe there are 2 things you need to do:

1. Create a new Operator Role(s) and edit the Location and Corporate Unit filters to limit the user to viewing license and purchase records owned by those groups or their descendants. You'll need separate roles for each location/region. I suggest you make each new role easily identifiable by including the region name or Corporate Unit in the role name. Assign the new Operator roles to the users.

2. Go to the cog menu in the top right of the web UI, select System Settings, select the Licensing tab on the left, and adjust the License and license counts radio button to the third option:

• All licenses, with counts only for their groups — Select this option when you are not trying to hide the names of software licenses, but want the operators with restricted scope to focus on compliance figures only for their specified areas of responsibility. When you choose this option, you no longer need to assign the ownership of a license for it to be visible to operators with scoping restrictions.

The Operator should be able to see all the licenses that have been created but only see entitlements and usage within the corporate unit/region/cost center defined in the Role that you created and assigned to the User account.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hello,

I hope I understand your questions correctly. I believe there are 2 things you need to do:

1. Create a new Operator Role(s) and edit the Location and Corporate Unit filters to limit the user to viewing license and purchase records owned by those groups or their descendants. You'll need separate roles for each location/region. I suggest you make each new role easily identifiable by including the region name or Corporate Unit in the role name. Assign the new Operator roles to the users.

2. Go to the cog menu in the top right of the web UI, select System Settings, select the Licensing tab on the left, and adjust the License and license counts radio button to the third option:

• All licenses, with counts only for their groups — Select this option when you are not trying to hide the names of software licenses, but want the operators with restricted scope to focus on compliance figures only for their specified areas of responsibility. When you choose this option, you no longer need to assign the ownership of a license for it to be visible to operators with scoping restrictions.

The Operator should be able to see all the licenses that have been created but only see entitlements and usage within the corporate unit/region/cost center defined in the Role that you created and assigned to the User account.

Hope this helps.

Looks like this is a duplicate of the following post: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Authorisation-of-local-operators/m-p/143045

@Garth_Honey1, as you can see from the linked post above, your suggestion is indeed the best way to tackle this problem 🙂
If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!