cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Acrobat 2017 Pro/Std license setup confusion

I was having some issues with my Adobe Acrobat 2017 licenses so I decided to delete them and recreate them. When Flexera recreated the licenses using the SKU from the vendor Flexera set up the Pro license to be able to downgrade to Standard. I don't think this is correct.  Has anyone else seen this happen?

SKU: 65280374AA02A00

Description in Flexera SKU Library: Adobe Acrobat 2017 Pro Win/Mac en. License CLP5

The thing that brought this up was when I went to Recommended License Changes Flexera said to change the license from a Device license to a User license. I did this, ran a reconcile, then a License Change Recalculation and it told me to change the license type back to a Device license to a User license.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(1) Solution

Hi @EHacking 

Well done for checking the created license.

The sku provides for a 1 user license, not device, so any recommendation to change back should be ignored.

Further, the downgrade of edition should not be set

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Hi @EHacking 

Well done for checking the created license.

The sku provides for a 1 user license, not device, so any recommendation to change back should be ignored.

Further, the downgrade of edition should not be set

I am another one with 'Acrobat 2017 Pro/Std license setup confusion'

'Installed Application' list has only one application Acrobat 2017 Unspecified.

1. We have Acrobat 2017 Pro as well as Acrobat 2017 Standard, so which application/s to use in Applications Tab?

2. In the absence of  of Edition description, if 'Acrobat 2017 Unspecified.' is used for both the licenses,  which order should be licenses be set in the Application Properties --> Licenses Tab?

3. Could the above step result in incorrect shortfall/availability (as the Edition can not be differentiated)? If yes, what is the best way to get accurate usage of each product (Acrobat 2017 Pro/Std).

Thanks

@EHacking / @nalinih 

Are you saying that you believe you've found incorrect product use rights associated with this SKU in the Flexera provided content? If yes, please raise support cases so that it can be investigated and potentially corrected.

Thanks,

Yes, there was an issue, and a case was raised, and it was resolved.
Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

Hey @nalinih,

Looking at the detail on this one, your case is different. As the scenario posed by @EHacking was surrounding the SKU driving the wrong licensing metric.

With your case as I currently understand it, is that Acrobat versioning is not detected, and the reason for which is detailed here: > https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Applications-for-Acrobat-2017-Pro-Standard-licenses/m-p/130817#M4548

Hope this helps.

Ben