cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProductName in Technopedia vs AddRemovePrograms in windows

I am trying to create a match between the name of products in Technopedia and the name of products found in the AddRemovePrograms list in windows. Since a lot of names don't match, I'm looking for a way to create this match without checking every name one by one.
How does Technopedia assign the name of a product?
Looking forward to your comments

(1) Solution

Hi @EmileCD,

That's a very good question!

AddRemoveProgram list (along with other 'evidence' like File evidence, WMI evidence, etc.) is considered raw evidence data coming from discovery sources. The logic/rules which provide the mapping of these raw evidence into Technopedia titles are considered our intellectual property; it powers the normalization capability provided by our solutions (e.g. Data Platform, IT Visibility, and FlexNet Manager).

Normalization, by its definition, provides a clean, standardized/normalized view of your inventory using the common language, Technopedia. We have tens of millions of mapping rules that our Content Team has built over the years to recognize any variations in Add/Remove titles (or any other raw evidence) and normalize them into Technopedia.

If you want to normalize your Add/Remove data (or any other evidence in your inventory) into Technopedia, you should use one of our solutions that I mentioned above.

Hope that helps!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

- Resno

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Hi @EmileCD,

That's a very good question!

AddRemoveProgram list (along with other 'evidence' like File evidence, WMI evidence, etc.) is considered raw evidence data coming from discovery sources. The logic/rules which provide the mapping of these raw evidence into Technopedia titles are considered our intellectual property; it powers the normalization capability provided by our solutions (e.g. Data Platform, IT Visibility, and FlexNet Manager).

Normalization, by its definition, provides a clean, standardized/normalized view of your inventory using the common language, Technopedia. We have tens of millions of mapping rules that our Content Team has built over the years to recognize any variations in Add/Remove titles (or any other raw evidence) and normalize them into Technopedia.

If you want to normalize your Add/Remove data (or any other evidence in your inventory) into Technopedia, you should use one of our solutions that I mentioned above.

Hope that helps!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

- Resno