cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count rows in analyzer report

Hi, I'm feeling very stupid today, I can't seem to work out how to get a plain simple count of the number of "SYS hostname".  I've tried "SYS Count" but it provides a total for each data source (e.g. if host is found in SCCM and FNMS, the count is 2). Is there a way to dedup that count? or is there an available measure that I've missed?  

I also tried to do it via User Defined Measure | Create Calculated Measure.  I could get a count by row but the subtotal was incorrect.  Perhaps I need something else in the MDX query.  (i ticked "calculate subtotals using measure formula but that didnt seem to make a different. (complete novice as you can tell) See screen shots below 

Can anyone provide any advice?  thanks Pen

calculated measure mdx querycalculated measure mdx queryresult of the queryresult of the query

(1) Solution

thanks for the reply @JohnSorensenDK ,  but I had tried that it still counts each data source. 

I've found the answer and you can do a count on a numeric or non-numeric column in an interactive report using the "aggregate" function on the column. 
thanks

PBJ

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@penelopej 

I'm not sure if I correctly understand your challenges, but would the 'SYS is Deduped' filter work for you?

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

thanks for the reply @JohnSorensenDK ,  but I had tried that it still counts each data source. 

I've found the answer and you can do a count on a numeric or non-numeric column in an interactive report using the "aggregate" function on the column. 
thanks

PBJ