penelopej
Level 4

Count rows in analyzer report

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm feeling very stupid today, I can't seem to work out how to get a plain simple count of the number of "SYS hostname".  I've tried "SYS Count" but it provides a total for each data source (e.g. if host is found in SCCM and FNMS, the count is 2). Is there a way to dedup that count? or is there an available measure that I've missed?  

I also tried to do it via User Defined Measure | Create Calculated Measure.  I could get a count by row but the subtotal was incorrect.  Perhaps I need something else in the MDX query.  (i ticked "calculate subtotals using measure formula but that didnt seem to make a different. (complete novice as you can tell) See screen shots below 

Can anyone provide any advice?  thanks Pen

calculated measure mdx querycalculated measure mdx queryresult of the queryresult of the query

0 Kudos
1 Solution

thanks for the reply @JohnSorensenDK ,  but I had tried that it still counts each data source. 

I've found the answer and you can do a count on a numeric or non-numeric column in an interactive report using the "aggregate" function on the column. 
thanks

PBJ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnSorensenDK
Moderator Moderator

@penelopej 

I'm not sure if I correctly understand your challenges, but would the 'SYS is Deduped' filter work for you?

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

0 Kudos

thanks for the reply @JohnSorensenDK ,  but I had tried that it still counts each data source. 

I've found the answer and you can do a count on a numeric or non-numeric column in an interactive report using the "aggregate" function on the column. 
thanks

PBJ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos