Ljeneto
Level 2

"Cancel Notification to User" and "Default Ide time"

Jump to solution
Hi there,

I have App Portal 2017 R1 (12.0.0.0) version & currently experiencing two issues;

1. How do I increase App Portal "idle" time & now Admins cannot leave the Portal without any activity for about 2 minutes - I would like to set this to 15 minutes.

2. On "Cancel Notifications" - Users always received Cancelled emails notification regardless of the "User" option is selected or not, see attached.
I have disabled "Send Cancel Email" to Users but Users still get Cancel Emails.

Can you please assist as soon as possible.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
With regards to the cancel Notification being sent, I can confirm that this was a known issue in App Portal 2017 (and 2018). The issue was being tracked under issue number IOJ-1896164. The issue has been fixed in App Broker 2019R1, which was released a little over a week ago.. As mentioned previously, there is a setting in IIS which controls both the session time-out and the idle time-out for the Application pool itself.. The session timeout is probably the most applicable to your question, and can be seen in the attached SessionTimeout.png. The idle time-out can be seen in the screen capture named IdleTimeout.png.. A setting of "0" means that the application pool will not timeout due to a lack of activity.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jason_snook
Level 6
Idle time would be controlled through Microsoft IIS settings for the Application Pool itself. Regarding your second question, it may be possible that is a bug so I would recommend opening a support case.
0 Kudos
With regards to the cancel Notification being sent, I can confirm that this was a known issue in App Portal 2017 (and 2018). The issue was being tracked under issue number IOJ-1896164. The issue has been fixed in App Broker 2019R1, which was released a little over a week ago.. As mentioned previously, there is a setting in IIS which controls both the session time-out and the idle time-out for the Application pool itself.. The session timeout is probably the most applicable to your question, and can be seen in the attached SessionTimeout.png. The idle time-out can be seen in the screen capture named IdleTimeout.png.. A setting of "0" means that the application pool will not timeout due to a lack of activity.
0 Kudos
Attaching SessionTimeout.png
0 Kudos