Some users may experience issues accessing the case portal. For more information, please click here.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server domain move - installing 2021 R2 over existing DB

Jump to solution

Our cloud team just moved our App Portal development servers from one domain to another and the domains can't cross reference each other.  I need to install App Portal on an existing database that was created in the previous domain.

Are there any updates I need to make when performing the installation or can I just install on the existing database in the new domain?  Do I need to make any updates in App Portal configuration settings?

1 Solution
3 Replies

I forgot to mention that I did uninstall App Portal before the server domain move

Two settings that are not exposed in the UI, may need to be updated.. These are located in WD_AppSettings:

LDAPPath
GC

Both should reflect the domain where App Broker resides. I'd also be sure that the forests/domains under site management->Active Directory->integration reflect the expected domains. It may be that everything will get updated correctly in the DB when you uninstall/reinstall, but I wanted to point them out. 

Thank you Charles!

0 Kudos