cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reclamation and license assignment

If Reclamation is set up in App Broker using Flex Net Management Suite for usage data - will the App Broker reclamation deallocate a license that's not being used when the installation reaches the reclamation threshold? Or will it just uninstall the software leaving the allocated? 

(1) Solution
Reclamation in App Broker only instructs the deployment system to uninstall the unused software when it hits the policy threshold. This does not necessarily result in a newly available entitlement in the pool. For example, if someone has installed Office 365 on a laptop and a desktop, that is only consuming one entitlement due to multiple use rights. If they stop using Office on their desktop and reclamation removes the software from the desktop, the laptop installation is still consuming that entitlement.

In your case, if you're talking about hard allocations (named users / devices), then removing the software via reclamation would not free up / deallocate that entitlement.
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
Reclamation in App Broker only instructs the deployment system to uninstall the unused software when it hits the policy threshold. This does not necessarily result in a newly available entitlement in the pool. For example, if someone has installed Office 365 on a laptop and a desktop, that is only consuming one entitlement due to multiple use rights. If they stop using Office on their desktop and reclamation removes the software from the desktop, the laptop installation is still consuming that entitlement.

In your case, if you're talking about hard allocations (named users / devices), then removing the software via reclamation would not free up / deallocate that entitlement.
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".