cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Apps Notifications

We are testing My Apps and license reclamation in our environment.  We would like to send an email to user that would include the link to Keep or Uninstall.  We updated the notification that gets sent and included the variables:  ##UninstallLink## and ##KeepLink## in it.  However, the email just shows the variable name and it is not an actionable link.

Management would prefer the user click on it from the email rather than have to launch My Apps and click Keep or Uninstall from My Current Alerts.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

Joan

(5) Solutions
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

As a general rule, the notifications pertaining to My Apps will only resolve those variables that are originally defined in the notification. You can not copy a variable such as ##UninstallLink## or ##KeepLink## from one notification and expect them to resolve in another.  Probably the best that you could do would be to put a direct link to the My Apps page in your notification. 

View solution in original post

Unfortunately, those variables are not valid with My Apps.  They only apply to legacy license reclamation.  Unlike legacy reclamation where email notifications are app-specific, My Apps consolidates all alerts (both reclamation alerts and custom action alerts) into a single notification that lists all non-compliant applications.

If you'd like to have individual notifications (per application) that use those variables, you'll need to use legacy reclamation (configured on each catalog item instead of under My Apps).  However, please note that even those links will take the user to the website to begin a checkout process for the application.  There is not currently any option similar to what we have for email-based approvals.  If that's something you want/need, I'd recommend submitting that on our Ideas portal.  However, I suspect that will be a non-trivial change, since all alerts are rolled into a single email notification and I'm not sure how you would specify which option you want for each application simply by replying to the email.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Jim - those are My Apps variables. With that being said, they likely can not be used outside of the notification where they are defined. They are defined in the notification named "My Apps - License Reclamation Alert Text"

Thanks, Charlie.  I didn't notice that they are also used in the alert notification text on the My Apps page.  They are also used in the legacy reclamation email notification.  In any case, they only make sense when referencing an individual application, and since the My Apps email notification can reference multiple applications, there is no way to easily make those variables work for that summary email notification.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thank you jdempsey and CharlesW for the information.  We will proceed with our users clicking on the link that takes them to the My Apps page in order to keep or remove the software.  

(5) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

As a general rule, the notifications pertaining to My Apps will only resolve those variables that are originally defined in the notification. You can not copy a variable such as ##UninstallLink## or ##KeepLink## from one notification and expect them to resolve in another.  Probably the best that you could do would be to put a direct link to the My Apps page in your notification. 

Unfortunately, those variables are not valid with My Apps.  They only apply to legacy license reclamation.  Unlike legacy reclamation where email notifications are app-specific, My Apps consolidates all alerts (both reclamation alerts and custom action alerts) into a single notification that lists all non-compliant applications.

If you'd like to have individual notifications (per application) that use those variables, you'll need to use legacy reclamation (configured on each catalog item instead of under My Apps).  However, please note that even those links will take the user to the website to begin a checkout process for the application.  There is not currently any option similar to what we have for email-based approvals.  If that's something you want/need, I'd recommend submitting that on our Ideas portal.  However, I suspect that will be a non-trivial change, since all alerts are rolled into a single email notification and I'm not sure how you would specify which option you want for each application simply by replying to the email.

Jim - those are My Apps variables. With that being said, they likely can not be used outside of the notification where they are defined. They are defined in the notification named "My Apps - License Reclamation Alert Text"

Thanks, Charlie.  I didn't notice that they are also used in the alert notification text on the My Apps page.  They are also used in the legacy reclamation email notification.  In any case, they only make sense when referencing an individual application, and since the My Apps email notification can reference multiple applications, there is no way to easily make those variables work for that summary email notification.

Thank you jdempsey and CharlesW for the information.  We will proceed with our users clicking on the link that takes them to the My Apps page in order to keep or remove the software.